If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful twist on classic pickles, you’ll love this recipe for new pickles. These pickles are made with a combination of spices and apple cider vinegar, giving them a slightly sweet and tangy flavor that’s perfect for snacking or adding to sandwiches.
- 4-5 small to medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, and bay leaf. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced cucumbers and garlic. Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the cucumbers and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours for a stronger flavor.
- Once the pickles have marinated for the desired amount of time, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a serving bowl or plate. Serve cold and enjoy!
These new pickles are a delicious and unique twist on classic pickles, and the combination of spices and apple cider vinegar gives them a flavor that’s sure to impress. Serve them as a snack, on top of sandwiches or burgers, or alongside your favorite barbecue or picnic dishes. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the delicious taste of new pickles!