If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy the delicious flavor of pickles without the wait, then you’ll love this recipe for quick pickles. These pickles are ready to eat in just a few hours and can be made with a variety of vegetables, making them a versatile and tasty addition to any meal.
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (or other vegetables of your choice)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh dill (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and peppercorns. Whisk until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add the sliced cucumbers (or other vegetables) to the bowl, along with the garlic and dill (if using). Toss to coat the vegetables in the vinegar mixture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Once the pickles have marinated for the desired amount of time, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a serving bowl or plate. Discard any remaining liquid.
These quick pickles are perfect for snacking, topping sandwiches or burgers, or serving as a side dish. And the best part is, you can customize them to your liking by using your favorite vegetables and adjusting the amount of sugar and salt to your taste. So give this recipe a try and enjoy the delicious taste of pickles in just a few hours!